Under-3 is a Maximal Defense Soldier. His eyes, ears, and nose are very good, presumably because he is a giant head. Information gathering is his primary duty.
That is one creepy altmode he's got.
- Japanese Name: Lionhead
- Under-3 (McDonald's Happy Meal toy, 1996)
- Part of the first McDonald's Beast Wars promotion, Under-3 was, well, the toy developed for children less than three years of age. Hence his incredibly simple transformation and lack of small parts in any capacity. He transforms into a disembodied lion head.
- "Under-3" is just what the toy was called on its plastic baggy, but fans took to it as a name because, well, it's the only identifier it had.
- Under-3's Japanese name and brief character write-up come from a Japanese Beast Wars guidebook called the Beast Wars Perfect Book.
- Ben Yee specifically points out that he didn't include the "Lion Head Optimus Primal figure" into the Beast Wars Sourcebook. Boo.