As Scourge is to Optimus Prime, Venom is to Spider-Man. It seems that superheroes can also get black repaints. Go figure. Doctor Doom built him a transforming battlesuit, apparently thinking it was a good idea. He's quite fond of it, as it allows him to go incognito. Evidently Earth's law enforcement personnel haven't quite clued in to the fact that his insignia is painted across the hood.
- Venom (Marvel, 2008)
- Mister brain-guzzling lunatic becomes a gas-guzzling muscle car.
- Astonishingly, he's not a redeco of Spider-Man, but he does get a redeco as Carnage. Yes, in a reversal of the trend, that makes him a black character who gets a red repaint.
- His transformation will drive you insane.
- The toy fires missiles from above the back of his hands—the same spot from which Venom in the comics shoots his webbing.
- Despite being a robot with a huge tongue, he is not a Legion—that's a different continuity. (Although, customizers, start your engines!)