Rodimus Prime offers a bounty on the missing Galvatron which attracts the attention of Death’s Head.
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 113-114|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issues #113-114Edit
- Characters: Death's Head, Cyclonus, Scourge, Rodimus Prime, Kup, Blurr, Wreck-Gar, Nautilus, Bumblebee, First Aid
- Originally published: 16th May 1987 – 23rd May 1987
Unable to find any trace of Galvatron after he threw him out of Unicron, Rodimus Prime in desperation places a bounty of 10,000 Shanix on him, dead or alive. This attracts the attention of Death’s Head, a bounty hunter (he prefers to be called a freelance peacekeeping agent).
Determined to claim the reward, Death’s Head tracks down Cyclonus and Scourge and beats out of them the details of how they and Galvatron travelled back in time. Realising that Galvatron has probably fled back to the past Death’s Head decides to follow him.
Cyclonus and Scourge return to Decepticon headquarters and tell Nautilus, a deep cover Autobot spy, about how Death’s Head beat them up. Nautilus breaks cover and tells Rodimus Prime what he has learned. Rodimus is appalled at what he has set in motion.
In the past Bumblebee witnesses First Aid being displaced to Limbo as Death’s Head arrives. Unwilling to allow any witnesses to know he is there, Death’s Head blows Bumblebee apart.
Items of noteEdit
- This is the first appearance of Death’s Head in Transformers.
- Issue #113 was heavily publicised as featuring the first appearance of Rodimus Prime in the comic. Ironically, he only appears in flashback and doesn't appear in person until the second part.
- This is the first part of a story arc that continues in "Burning Sky!", "Hunters!", "Fire on High!" and "Vicious Circle!"
- This story sees Bumblebee destroyed, ready to be rebuilt as Goldbug in "Hunters!" This is an alternate origin to that shown in G.I. Joe and the Transformers.
- Nobody can remember Galvatron travelling to Earth's past. Ultra Magnus and Bumblebee are around in both timelines but it's possible the alternate reality theory of time travel is in operation.