|Marvel U.S. > Issue # 7|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
|Marvel UK > Issue #26|
Ratchet discovers the fate of the other Autobots, and must fight Megatron on his own.
While returning Buster home, Ratchet and he meet up with a group of campers. As Ratchet demonstrates a new way to cook hot dogs, Buster experiences the first after-effects of his experience with Optimus Prime in the previous issue, and Buster is taken home by the campers. Meanwhile, the Decepticons infiltrate and take over another Blackrock installation: this time an aerospace plant that builds jet fighters. Blackrock breaks the news to a recovering Josie Beller, who apparently designed this aerospace plant as well, and is already making plans of her own to stop the Decepticons. Ratchet returns to the Ark alone to verify Buster's findings, and is encouraged by the head of Optimus Prime to fight as a warrior to defeat Megatron. Although his training proves of limited use in an actual conflict with Megatron, he manages to strike a deal with him: Ratchet will destroy Shockwave in exchange for the return of the Ark and the Autobots inside.
|Writer(s): Bob Budiansky|
|Pencils: William Johnson|
|Inks: Kyle Baker|
|Colors: Nelson Yomtov|
|Letters: Rick Parker|
|Editor(s): Jim Owsley|
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- For some reason, Megatron's Decepticon insignia is consistently off-center to the left whenever it appears.
- Buster's flashback shows him being hit by an energy wave from Optimus Prime's head. However, in the last issue, he received an energy surge by connecting two cables from Prime's head to his own.
- On page 20, Ratchet says he will help Megatron "Defend Shockwave" when he clearly means "defeat Shockwave".
- On page 22, the bubble that points to Ratchet stating "This much I knew or Shockwave told me" should probably be pointing to Megatron (Ratchet hasn't yet met Shockwave on Earth), but why couldn't they have just done the whole thing in one bubble?
Items of noteEdit
- Cameos: United States Military, aerospace plant employees, TV repoter; Cliffjumper, Jazz, Prowl (or Bluestreak), Sideswipe, Ironhide (all deactivated); Rumble, Reflector?, a Seeker, and also two other Seekers in flight mode—assumably these are Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker, Grimlock, Sludge, Slag (in flashbacks).
- The UK issue #26 printed the entire comic, though several pages were without color.
- This issue was reprinted as issue 1 of IDW Publishing's Generations series.
- Blackrock has his own hospital: the Blackrock Chronic Care Institute.
- Ratchet states he is "a doctor, not a warrior," a Star Trek reference.
- Ferdy and Gabe talk about the Decepticons' theft of Blackrock's oil rig ("The Worse of Two Evils!"), just before taking Soundwave in so he can do the same to the plant at which they work.
- Megatron recaps why Shockwave stayed behind during the attack on the Ark (new info about events from issue 1) and his subsequent battle with the Dinobots ("The Last Stand!").
- U.S. cover: Ratchet faces down Megatron by Mark Bright
- UK cover: reuse of art from U.S. cover
- None yet identified