Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What happened to Carnivac?
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 274|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #274
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Prowl, Grimlock, Skids, Broadside, Springer, Snarler, Bludgeon, Octopunch, Stranglehold, Jazz, Spinister and Carnivac.
- Originally published: 9th June 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 16th June 1990.
At the Earthforce base Grimlock has heard the request of the Autobot Survivors but is reluctant to help a Decepticon. However Prowl points out that they need extra members and there are five potentials here. This persuades Grimlock to send a squad, but he suspects Carnivac is already dead.
Snarler is by the blast site, commenting aloud on how Carnivac had to be ended as a dangerous example. He suddenly notices something in the wreckage and goes to investigate but someone drops a huge machine on him, killing him instantly.
Elsewhere Bludgeon is upset. He tells Octopunch and Stranglehold that Carnivac deserved a warrior's death, preferably a one-on-one fight, not to be gunned down from afar. However his desire for a fight is not to be disappointed as the Autobots have arrived. Springer sends Broadside to find Carnivac whilst the other Autobots take on the Pretenders.From a small hill Spinister observes the fight and deduces that the other Mayhems are outnumbered and will soon be dead but don't care as they enjoy it. But Spinister feels differently. As the mission is now complete he decides to return to Cybertron. Suddenly he is shot dead from afar by an unseen mechanoid.
Meanwhile Broadside has found Snarler's corpse along with the remains of Carnivac's Pretender shell and tries to work out what is going on.
On the beach Springer has captured Bludgeon but is shocked to hear Carnivac is dead. Bludgeon declares that whatever happens the Mayhems have won. Springer is horrified and prepares to execute Bludgeon but is stopped by... Carnivac! Only his outer shell was destroyed and he survived despite a huge mental shock.
Prowl tells Carnivac that he's proved himself worthy of trust as it took a Decepticon to remind the Autobots they don't kill in cold blood. Prowl welcomes Carnivac as a member of the Autobots. Carnivac responds that he didn't stop the killing for mercy - the Mayhems killed his friend Catilla and deserve none - but because keeping them alive and cheating them of a warrior's death is a crueler, more humiliating fate. He may now be a member of the Earthforce "but let's not forget I'm still an evil Decepticon at heart!"
- Despite being the second-in-command of Earthforce, Prowl is at the rear of the joint Earthforce/Survivors force when they arrive on the beach.
Items of note
- The Survivors now join the ranks of Earthforce. Although some or all of the five members would occasionally work together in future stories, they would more often be indistinct amongst the regular ranks of the Autobots.
- This story was reprinted in the Transformers Annual 1992 with additional colours by Euan Peters. This version was subsequently reprinted in the Winter Special 1994.
- The original black and white version was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Way of the Warrior".