Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For the Beast Machines episode, see A Wolf in the Fold.
Carnivac and Springer both have to face their fellows...
|Generation One (Marvel UK) > Issue # 273|
|Previous Issue||Next Issue|
Marvel UK issue #273
- Major characters (in order of appearance): Springer, Stranglehold, Carnivac, Octopunch, Broadside, Snarler, Spinister, Bludgeon and Skids.
- Minor characters (in order of appearance): Inferno.
- Originally published: 2nd June 1990. Cover date ("off sale") 9th June 1990.
Carnivac patrols the Mayhem Attack Squad's base, trying to find a member alone. Octopunch and Stranglehold are on joint guard duty whilst Spinister and Snarler are making plans. However Bludgeon is meditating solo.
Meanwhile the Autobot Survivors debate what to do about Carnivac. Springer believes Carnivac can handle the situation by himself but Broadside wants to call in the Autobot Earthforce but Springer is unsure as it means dealing with Grimlock. Springer had wanted the Survivors to wait and tackle the Mayhems as a team, but Carnivac headed off solo, wanting revenge. Skids declares that whether Springer calls in the Earthforce or not the others will go to help Carnivac. This forces Springer's hand.
Carnivac tries to attack Bludgeon from behind but the Master of Metallikato cannot be taken unaware. They struggle, but Bludgeon throws Carnivac backwards and grabs his sword. Carnivac realises he's messed this up and lost the element of surprise, but Bludgeon is glad that his foe will die a warrior's death. Carnivac runs, trying desperately to come up with a solution.
All five surviving Mayhems corner Carnivac. Spinister decides to dispense with close range kills and fires a successful deadly blast at the wolf.
Items of note
- With this issue the Survivors storyline now explicitly ties into the alternate continuity of the Earthforce storyline. It's not clear where one draws the line between the main storyline and this portion of the Earthforce branch.
- This story was reprinted in the Transformers Annual 1992 with additional colours by Caroline Steeden. This version was subsequently reprinted in the Winter Special 1994.
- The original black and white version was reprinted in the Titan Books trade paperback "Way of the Warrior".