|Specifics: toys, maybe some fiction|
Wolfang is a quick and agile loner who likes to hunt Predacons in beast mode. Upon transforming into robot mode, he likes to use the "secret attack launcher" that was his beast mode's tail.
- French name (Canada): Croc
- Japanese name: Howlinger (ハウリンガー ha-u-ri-n-gā)
- Spanish name: Lobo
- Italian name: Wolf
Dreamwave Summer SpecialEdit
On their way back to Cybertron, Rattrap recalls meeting three unknown Maximals named Wolfang, Bonecrusher, and Optimus Minor, when they save him from Dinobot 2 in the wilderness. He asked them to join the Axalon's crew, but they declined because of some other mysterious purpose that they couldn't elaborate on. Wolfang and the others asked Rattrap to keep their existence a secret, and he acquiesced.
IDW Beast Wars comicsEdit
Wolfang was one of the protoforms left behind by the crew of the Axalon on prehistoric Earth. He was activated and put in chronal phase by Razorbeast at Magmatron's request, but was protected from Magmatron's Predacon shell-program by Razorbeast's viral code. He was one of the first Maximals Razorbeast hooked up with, and participated in the Maximals' failed attempt to send a distress signal back to present-era Cybertron. However, upon return to Cybertron, he was slaughtered in the battle against Shokaract.
- Wolfang (Deluxe, 1996)
- Japanese ID number: C-9
- Accessories: Tail/launcher, back/shield, 2 missiles
- Wolfang transforms into a wolf. In robot mode, his mutant head flips down to cover his normal head. His wolf mode's back becomes a shield while the tail becomes a spring-loaded missile launcher in robot mode; two anchor-shaped missiles are stored in Wolfang's midsection.
- Howlinger vs Buzz Saw (Multi-pack, 1997)
- Japanese ID number: VS-9
- In Japan, Wolfang was available both as an individual release, and in a "Vs." pack with the Predacon Buzz Saw. Both toys are identical to their individual releases.
- Wolfang was originally to be the first new character to join the Beast Wars cartoon, but that role was instead filled by Tigatron, due to the fact that Tigatron's animation model is a tweak of the already-in-cartoon Cheetor.
- There is a ghostly character in the Mega Bloks Pyrates line called Howlinger. This is Swiper's fault.
- Wolfang seems to be something of a Grimlock fan, noting that while the preds had Ravage, they had Grimlock in The Ascending Part 1, and considering the rampaging dinosaur a godsend in Part 2.