Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Zaptraps (ザップトラップ) are clones of the Insecticon Shrapnel. Though they have extremely limited intelligence and are largely operated by Shrapnel's control-beams, in large numbers they are fairly capable hunter-seeker units, capable of producing powerful electric bolts from their horns. Though they're fairly sturdy, should Shrapnel's control-beams be interrupted, they will instantly crumble into a pile of component parts.
Technically, the Zaptraps have never appeared in any fiction, as this specific coloration has never been used. However, the Zaptrap designation can be considered retroactive, so any appearance of the Shrapnel-model Insecticlones can be considered a Zaptrap appearance.
- Insectron Clone Army (multi-pack, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: 75 (individual), 76 (clones set)
- Accessories: "Gamma Beam Detonator" (ガンマ線デトネーター) rifle, energon cube.
- A redeco of the Insecticon Shrapnel mold, Zaptrap transforms into a mechanical stag beetle. The "control seat" in the insect-mode back / robot-mode chest can open up and store one of the three energon cubes that come with the set. Zaptrap was only available in an e-Hobby exclusive set with Salvo and Shothole.
- Zaptrap's coloration is based on the mold's original pre-Transformers Diaclone "Waruder Kuwagatra" release.
- Zaptrap's bio card claims they are also armed with grenade launchers. Where on their bodies these launchers are, who knows.